I have been a qualified counsellor since 2012 and I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am bound to adhere to their ethical framework.
- Higher diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Level 5
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Person Centred Therapy) Level 4
- Accredited member of the BACP
- BACP Register Number 071519
- Introduction to Couples Counselling by Deborah Winterbourne (2018)
- The Dynamics of Power and Control (Sexualised Trauma) by Zoe Lodrick (2017)
- Working with survivors of Complex Trauma training (2017)
- Stalking training by You First integrated domestic abuse service (2017)
- Mindfulness based stress reduction (2016)
- Abuse within adolescent relationships training (2015)
- Four day art therapy course (2014)
- Certificate in domestic violence/abuse and the MARAC process (2013)
- I am committed to remaining current in my work and attend regular training, seminars and conferences.
What I Do
I offer short or long term one to one counselling for young people (16 +) and adults and counselling for trainee counsellors.
My style is compassionate and engaging as I believe that therapy is fundamentally about developing trust between us to allow you to have the confidence to make changes. We will review our work together periodically to make sure that we remain focused on your problems whilst allowing time to fully explore what is causing the unhappiness in your life.
I am available during the day and evenings.
I am an accredited counsellor and have been qualified since 2012 and I set up in private practice in April 2014. Before this I spent 3 years at Poole Domestic Abuse Project (a BCHA project) counselling survivors of domestic violence and abuse, initially as a student and then I stayed on after I qualified.
I am a co-founder of Broadstone Counselling which brings together a small team of counsellors who can offer specialist help alongside more general counselling.
Where I Work
My private practice is based in a quiet, relaxing and discreet room on the ground floor in the Broadstone Business Centre (BH18).
Sessions are £40 each and last 50 minutes. An initial consultation is £20 for 50 minutes where we can meet and I will take some details about you, develop an understanding of your problems and we can decide how we will proceed.
I offer a reduced fee of £30 per session for trainee counsellors doing their 40 hours of therapy, with an initial fee of £10 for a 50 minute consultation.
There is free parking for up to 2 hours in the surrounding roads; Tudor Road, Moor Road, Lower Golf Links Road and Upper Golf Links Road.
Broadstone is easily reached from Poole, Parkstone, Bournemouth, Wimborne, Corfe Mullen, Upton, Hamworthy and Blandford.